Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Back to School


Well, we're all back in school and starting our new year...again. Don't you just love the circle of life? Every year before the kids leave for their first day of school, I take their pictures in front of our house. Michelle's first day pictures have sometimes included friends. James has been in photos with her since kindergarten. I usually have them show which grade they are in by holding up their fingers. So, since Michelle is a Senior, she needed extra fingers, so James helped her out. Michelle is a Senior. She is only taking 5 classes this year, so she gets off early and is able to work for an after-school program at a local Catholic school. She drives Richard's old truck.
Hannah is in eighth grade. She is in the high school marching band, in the choir and very busy with lots and lots and lots of friends. She is happy to be back in school so she can hang out with her friends and play and sing music.




Elizabeth is in the fifth grade. How did that happen? She was just our little kindergartener the other day. Now she wants a cell phone and an email account, etc. Eeeeek! Someone just slow things down! She plays percussion in the band and sings in the choir.
So I am starting all of the testing we do at the beginning of the school year. Today I put names on about 500 testing forms. Tomorrow we start reading assessments on all of the kids K-6 in our school. The testing kind of turns my brain to mush after I hear the same passages read by 20 or so kids. But when we get to the end of the year and I see how much improvement they have made, it's a wonderful thing. I am so thankful that Richard and I both have jobs. I really enjoy mine
!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, what a growing family. After all the babysitting I did for you it's hard to believe I never did any for these three, except briefly for Michelle. You have beautiful girls!

    ReplyDelete