Sunday, July 31, 2011
A Wonderful Sabbath Day
Today was an especially wonderful Sabbath. We had a very nice Sacrament Meeting. Lizzie gave her first talk and she did a great job. She was poised and confident, and she presented her talk very well. Bishop Stewart asked a few youth and leaders from our ward to share some of their experiences from the trek. It was uplifting to hear their stories. What an amazing experience they had. I'm jealous, because I've never been there, and many of my beloved ancestors have crossed that path. I'm glad so many of my children have had that opportunity. During nursery, the kids were mellow and delightful. I took a luxurious nap for 2 hours! We had a house full of people for dinner and it was quite enjoyable to just laugh and talk and eat and SING together. I love singing around the piano. Liam watched April playing the piano and then he wanted to play, but he also wanted us all to sing while he played. So he played while we sang songs like Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star and Jesus Wants Me for a Sunbeam. He held his little hands just like April did and played chords just like she did. It was delightful. What a wonderful Sabbath day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment