Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Band Season is back!
Here we go again! One of the best things about my favorite season, Fall, is the return of Marching Band season. This past week was Homecoming at Legend High School. It was crazy busy, especially for Hannah, who performed an amazing juggling act. She was involved with the bands from the elementary school, middle school, and high school. The band marched in the Homecoming Parade. Lizzie, as a middle school band member, (or future LHS band member) rode on their float, tossing out candy and waves and smiles!
Then there was the Homecoming game...The middle school band got to join the high school band in the stands and play some songs with them. (a great recruiting tool for sure) The kids got a Band T-shirt, goodie bag, and dinner. It was fun for Lizzie to join the high school flute section.
I bought a little blue flag from the colorguard girls and it reminded Michelle of the part in the Disney movie, "Robin Hood" where the cute little turtle was waving his pennant and saying "Yea, Dad!"
Amelia, Nate, Liam and Thatcher also came to the game. Liam waved that little blue flag the whole game. Literally! He was so happy to be there and cheer for his aunts. He's so much fun!
I love to help serve dinner to the band kids after their halftime performance. We served 200+ kids plus the staff in about 30 minutes. My job was very important. I held up a burrito and asked meat? or vegetarian? Yea, I'm important I know. Homecoming is always fun! Now, we start into the competition season. Bring it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment