Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Great times, exhausted times

This past week has been full of really fun things. It's been fall break for the girls and I and while we had some down time, it was busy too. It was the end of Band season, but we had 3 long, long, long days in about 10 days. I mean really long. Hannah had some 18 hour days, but she's young and can handle it. Richard and I are not so young anymore and we're pooped! I worked 2 days for 13 hours each running the concessions stand at the stadium for major events and that kept me running all day. We also spent 15 hours at the Marching Band State Championships in Fort Collins. It was lots of fun and the kids did a great job. They finished 5th in the state. It was their first year in 5A, so that's quite an accomplishment!
Hannah is the shortest clarinet player on the front row
We also had the entire family over on Sunday for Ben's 26th birthday, our entire family and James and Kristie and their family, plus April's sister-in-law and nephew. It was a really fun get together.
Liz had her band concert and Hannah had her fall choir concert
James and Gregg
Holly and Kristie (and Melissa trying to hide behind the chair) ha ha ha!
Jackson and his Uncle Ben
Liam didn't want to leave grandpa and grandmas house, poor guy!
So, now I'm taking a "personal day" and I'm going to relax. We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people and opportunities in our lives. The Lord really blesses us!

2 comments:

  1. Spending time with family is the best. Being an empty nester now I cherish the times that we get together as a family. Looks like you are still in the busy time of life with all the activities that your girls are involved in. Fun!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like a great busy week...Hope to see you guys on Thanksgiving if the weather permit and we are able to drive down.

    ReplyDelete