Thursday, November 17, 2011

Michelle's Surgery

Last Friday Michelle had foot surgery. We've been hoping and praying that she could get the surgery and recover from it in time to go back to school in January. It looks like that will happen. So far she is recovering well. She's been really positive and funny about things. It really stinks to have to rely on others for so many things. We've had funny things happen. When she first came home she couldn't make it into the bathroom alone. So she crutched in and I held her foot up to minimize her throbbing pain. I was making the beeping sound of a forklift as I backed out of her room and into the bathroom. It was funny, I put her foot on the side of the bathtub to keep it elevated, and I stumbled and she fell backwards. She really, really had to go to the bathroom and with the ensuing laughter, just couldn't hold it anymore. So she peed her pants. At least she made it to the toilet though, ha ha ha.... I was laughing so hard I had to run into the other bathroom. Amelia managed to survive, though. I'm sure we will laugh about it for many years to come. She has been a trooper and although she's been in a lot of pain, she's been patient and strong. I can only hope that I would be so gracious. But, I hope I never have to find out. :o)
Michelle's fun surgery hat! It reminds me of Jiffy Pop
It's a good thing she's got brothers to help her get downstairs.
On the day she was sick and throwing up from pain killers, she got this great letter from Augie on his mission in Brazil. It made her a very happy camper!

Nasty looking, but getting better. She's going to have a nice scar on that!

No comments:

Post a Comment