Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fabulous Fourth of July

It was a very nice 4th of July.  We started out with a morning ward breakfast at the church.  We enjoyed a flag ceremony and then Hannah and a friend played the Star Spangled Banner on flute and clarinet.  It was nice.  I still get a catch in my throat when I hear it.


 I love this country and count my citizenship here as a great blessing.  It was a pleasant breakfast with the opportunity to visit with members of our ward.  Liz and I did the gumball route at 2 malls and then we had a bbq--yummy burgers and brats.  I sauteed some mushrooms, cooked bacon and sliced avocados.  They were excellent burgers. Add watermelon, potato salad, and chips and salsa and we had a great bbq.

Afterward, we sang around the piano for quite a while.  I love doing that.  I especially enjoy singing "The Star Spangled Banner.  It was awesome.  :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment