Tuesday, September 4, 2012

So many posts....so little time!

I have so many things I want to write about, so I'll be playing catch up.  The stories will probably be in random order as I think of them.  I'll start with our Labor Day Bash.  We invited a LOT of people over for a day of rappelling, hanging out, and a BBQ.  It just seemed to grow and grow and our list got bigger and bigger.
Ben and Richard set up a nice rappelling site in Castlewood Canyon.  It's only about 20 minutes from our house.  They set up two ropes to use.  For some people in the group it was their first time rappelling, and the rest of them have varying amounts of experience.  Here are some photos.  (p.s. it will be a LOT of photos)
                     It was Tyler's first time rappelling and now he says he's hooked.  Ha ha ha....
                                                          Dad chasing down his hat!
                         Michelle and Tyler coming down at the end of the day.  It's a really cool picture!
                                              Tyler going Aussie.  We've created a monster!
                                     Yo ho, yo ho, a pirates life for me.  Megan insisted that Tyler join them for their dancing game and he was a good sport.
        Tyler and Michelle made this cute dinosaur pinata for the kids and filled it with candy.  They loved it!
                                                                 Jack was really into it.
                                            But Megan really hit it home and busted it right open!
 Lizzie and her friend Lexi Jepperson had so much fun going together.  It was Lexi's first time and she caught on quickly.  Lizzie is a pro at this.

                                                               What a great couple!
                                                                        Zac Martin
                                                                              Go Liz!


All in all, we had 30 people.  In addition to those living in our household there were the following folks who joined us for rappelling and/or the BBQ.  Ben & April, Zac & Amy Martin, Jes/Andy/Garrin Graves, Melissa/Gregg/ Jackson Savage, Matt/Suze/Alex/Genne Vinton, Kristie/Paden/Megan/Brenden/Lauren/ Clark, Holly and her friends, Kristin and Dylan, Payton Zigler, Tyler Armitstead, and Lexi Jepperson.
 Lauren and her pink stuff.  It was yummy!
 Everyone just sat around, ate, talked, laughed.....

 Kristie, Kristen, and Holly.  We spent last Labor Day together camping at Cragg's campground.
                                                                          Goofy Jes
                                                              Payton and Hannah!
                                       Matt and Ben...are so....excited to have their picture taken.
                                                Garrin and Jackson had a blast playing together.
                                     Melissa hanging out in the shade while watching the kids play.
                                                                      Andy and Garrin


I'm really sad that I didn't get any pictures of some of the group.  But we all had a great time!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for a great day... So glad we live close by now♥

    ReplyDelete