Sunday, November 15, 2009

Disaster Strikes!

Elizabeth and I decided to make something yummy for the family for dessert today. She was sick, so I stayed home with her. We looked through cookbooks, with our mouths watering, until we found a recipe for a lemon jelly roll cake. It looked amazing! So we made it. I guess our oven must be uneven, since the cake was 3 times higher on one side of the pan than the other. So that kind of made it hard to roll up, but I gave it my best. When it was time to unroll it and put in the lemon filling, it fell into long pieces. It was a disaster of a dessert. So, I just dumped it all in a large bowl and poured the warm lemon pudding all over it. I folded in some cherry pie filling, and voila! Disaster cake! It was a hit! I bet it would be great with chocolate cake.....maybe next week.

1 comment: